domingo, 17 de noviembre de 2013

My A1 presentation


This is my presentation. In general, my objective was to show how all space can be interpreted in many ways. "Space is ours to do with what we will". What I mean with this is that, without our input, without our influence, space doesn't have a meaning. Each space has it's own meaning, like a supermarket is to buy food, a park is for kids to play in, these are the most useful purposes these spaces have. But what if someone sees it a different way? Who says we have to see things a certain way? Here I point out the photos of my bedroom, what I did with it is to see what it would be like without my input. My room looks like this because I gave it this purpose for work and studying. But that is from my point of view, if someone else goes there maybe they would see it a different way, when my sister visits me she sees it as a relaxing, fun space. 
When I worked with my group, we also used this concept, we created a space, but our space was lacking purpose, this purpose was given to the space by some children that wanted to play. And all of a sudden, our space was more fun for them than the play-park was. We didn't tell them to see it that way, they made it their own space.
I made some models to create various different spaces, spaces that could be seen in different ways. The first model I made would be a good space for children, thanks to the colours and the shapes, or maybe not? Maybe it could be seen a different way, like a space for a party or a festival. 
I then created a different space, changing the shell, maybe someone would like the second model for a calm, quiet space, or maybe its a place to send your kids when they are naughty. 
The next space could maybe be used for relaxing and chilling, or maybe it's a place for small kids to play or a place to sleep.
The last space could be seen as romantic and peaceful, but maybe someone might think its sinister or eery. 
What I am saying with all this is that without us, these spaces don't have a purpose or a meaning, we turn it into something that is convenient to us at the time.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario