domingo, 17 de noviembre de 2013

My Model

 This week, my idea for the model changed a few times. I started with the idea of a family space, a multi-use family space. Of course this consisted in discovering a way to condense a minimum of two types of space into one.  A calm, intimate space for any adults, and a fun, enjoyable space for children. But as I made this space, i felt something was missing. The space was very enclosed, very limited. So I thought, why do I need to create these claustrophobic enclosures? All I need is something to support my space, but it doesn't need the walls. So I eliminated the walls, and added only a roof, something to hold the idea of 'space'. But then I discovered that it was too open, too public. So my challenge was to find a mixture, a way to enclose an open space. I added a material wall, one that lifts up and down. I hung a window from the roof, this gives an illusion of a wall. And I hung a door as well, this adds the concept of an entrance into the space.
Now I had my open, but limited, space. I made a rug that could be turned one way (black) for a calm space, or the other way (colourful) for a fun space. Also I made a sofa, which turned the other way made a play table for children.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario